May 10, 2012

Romney the Bully

Credit: Seth Poppel/Yearbook Library
Ever since I heard about this high school bullying incident, I have been trying to find a way to discuss this calmly. I just can't seem to set my anger about this aside - and maybe I shouldn't. So, at this point, I believe that Romney must
  • specifically and abjectly apologize, 
  • stop minimizing this by calling it a prank, 
  • either stop pretending he doesn't remember or explain why he wouldn't remember doing something so awful,
  • stop behaving as though his being a senior in high school makes this automatically excusable or dismissable - high school seniors go to jail all the time for assault.
His response to this incident's exhumation speaks volumes about his character - and he had better scrounge up a decent, human response PDQ.